Welcome to the 2016-2017 School Year. The Mark Keppel PTA has an exciting year planned, and we invite you to get involved.
Mark Keppel is better with you!
What the PTA Does and How We Do It
We collaborate with the principal, staff, teachers, and parents to promote children’s well-being and success. The Mark Keppel PTA promotes and pays for the community to:
- Develop student enrichment and culture by organizing school assemblies and art programs, such as the popular Reflections Art Program
- Support humanitarian causes through events such as the Food, Toy, and Book Drives
- Promote community through social events that include:
- Back-to-School Picnic
- Parent-Child Events
- Family Reading Night
- The Ned Show
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation WeeksFounder’s Day
- Generate awareness of crucial social issues through:
- Red Ribbon Week (an alcohol, tobacco, drug, and prevention awareness campaign)
- Yellow Ribbon Week (a campaign designed to prevent violence, promote kindness towards others, and provide a safe environment for children of our community)
This year the PTA is gave back $6,000 to all the classrooms in exchange for teacher memberships!
How to Join
We are aiming for 100% membership, so you are an essential part of the Mark Keppel community! Joining is easy -- simply provide your name and a $10 donation. Please visit our membership table at an upcoming event; look for a membership envelope in your child’s Thursday Folder; or contact our Membership Chair at email@example.com.
Membership is not limited to parents. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors, friends, and community members are all welcomed and encouraged to join!
How to Stay Involved
- After you join us, continue to be a part of the fun! Please feel welcome to...
- Attend PTA meetings, held throughout the year, where you can provide your valuable input, or simply hear about what the Keppel PTA has done and plans to do.
- Get Keppel PTA news by visiting our website
- Volunteer your time and skills. Though not a membership requirement, volunteering allows you to contribute your talents toward an excellent cause.